The Tornado I is the first kit that Titan Aircraft produced. Nearly three decades after it was released, it is revered for its durability and longevity, thanks to an all metal airframe. This, combined with Titan Aircraft's renowned reputation for a high quality product, superior aircraft performance, and outstanding customer support, is sure to provide the pilot and kit builder a very pleasurable experience and a fantastic resale value
The kit has an estimated build time of 150 - 300 hours and includes all required materials, components, and fasteners. The kit does not however include the engine, propeller, and instruments because of different customer preferences.
This aircraft combines friendly low speed handling characteristics with agility and high performance. The Tornado I is designed to a +6g / -4g load limit capability at 750 pounds gross weight. When operating with the Rotax 503 engine the cruise speed is in excess of 95 mph. The stall speed in landing configuration flying solo is 30 mph.
Tornado I qualifies as a Light Sport Aircraft as defined by the FAA.
- Our Fleet T-51D • T-51B • Tornado I • Tornado II • Tornado S • Tornado SS
- Products T-51 Options • Tornado Options • Engines • Engine Accessories • Instruments • Lights • Props • Apparel
- Advisories T-51 Mustang • Tornado
- Downloads T-51 Mustang Brochure • T-51 Mustang Manual • Torando I Manual • Tornado II, S, & SS Manual
- CG Calculator
- Contact Us
- Links CS & A Insurance • Titan Yahoo Group • Titan Mustang Group • IWASM • YouTube